As we step into the new year, it’s time to focus on ourselves. Now that the festivities have all ended, it’s time to re-examine your skincare routine. Discover which products are a must for a glowing, radiant 2024.
Start with double cleansing
If you’re not double cleansing yet, this is your cue to do so. It is the ultimate method to effortlessly remove makeup, sunscreen, and impurities, ensuring your skin is thoroughly cleansed. And above all: nothing beats the feeling of a relaxing face massage with cleansing oil, after a long day.
For the ultimate double cleanse, you want to start with an oil cleanser. Our recommendation is the Anua Heartleaf Pore Cleansing Oil - a beloved favourite among skincare enthusiasts. Finish with a water based cleanser like the Heimish All Clean Green Foam to remove the first cleanse and have your skin be fully prepared for the next step.
Add a retinal serum to your routine
Adding a retinal serum to your skincare routine can offer several benefits for the skin. Retinal, a derivative of vitamin A, is known to:
- prevent signs of aging
- promote collagen production
- accelerate the process of skin turnover
- treat hyperpigmentation
Are you trying retinal for the first time? Then opt for a retinal with a smaller percentage like the Geek & Gorgeous A-Game 5 (0.05% retinal). If you’re a more experienced retinal user, we suggest the Geek & Gorgeous A-Game 10 (0.01% retinal).
Use a sunscreen daily
Using sunscreen daily plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy skin. Applying sunscreen and reapplying it every day is essential for several reasons.
- Sunscreen helps protect the skin from harmful effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays. UV rays from the sun can cause sunburn, premature aging, and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Sunburn is not only painful but also damages the skin. Sunscreen forms a barrier that helps prevent the skin from getting burnt, especially during prolonged sun exposure.
- UV rays can accelerate the aging process of the skin, leading to wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. Regular use of sunscreen can help slow down these signs of aging and keep the skin looking youthful.
- Lastly: UV rays can trigger an overproduction of melanin, leading to hyperpigmentation, such as dark spots and uneven skin tone. Sunscreen helps prevent and reduce these pigmentary changes.